Re: Web Intents - Scenario: TV System (part 6)

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:41:35 -0000, Greg Billock <gbillock@google.com>
wrote:
> No. The proposal can be found at
> http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/webintentsapi

Yeah, I had read the JavaScript API proposal and failed to apprehend the
use cases.

Say you have a HTTP file storage service. You could POST new files to /,
where from you could also GET an index of uploaded files. You could then
PUT modifications to the URI of any previously uploaded file.

This means the user can GET a file, edit it (locally or by piping it
through a third host) and PUT it back. The file storage service has only
to inform the User Agent as to what methods are supported for each
resource (or class of resources, by using URI templates).

My failure to understand what problems Web Intents are to solve, and how,
seem more fundamental than a simple misreading of a document. I must be
missing something so basic nobody has considered it worth stating
explicitly.
--
-,Bjartur