Re: Proposal to add <intent> tag to HTML

On Tuesday, December 6, 2011, James Hawkins <jhawkins@google.com> wrote:
> I just started a thread on the WhatWG mailing list that proposes the
> addition of the <intent> tag to HTML.  If you have thoughts or
> opinions about the proposal, please contribute to the discussion at
> [1].

I think your sequence was wrong. We haven't actually talked about the
Intent tag in this TF, and acting as if the TF supports it is misleading to
the group involved in the HTML discussion.

W3 WG/TF's aren't created to rubber stamp a proposal that hasn't even been
submitted...

I'm not saying that the tag or its design are wrong (I suspect and hope
that they're good/right), just that you should walk the TF through to reach
your conclusion.

This is the same sort of mistake your colleagues made when they asked for
IME to be added to the WebApps charter.