Re: Supporting Matrix URIs

Looks like this would be pretty easy to accommodate in WADL by adding
a matrix_variable element that is a peer to the existing
path_variable, e.g.:

/map/color;lat=50;long=20;scale=32000

could be:

<resource uri="map">
   <resource uri="color">
     <matrix_variable name="lat" type="xsd:float" required="true"/>
     <matrix_variable name="long" type="xsd:float" required="true"/>
     <matrix_variable name="scale" type="xsd:int" default="32000"/>
   </resource>
</resource>

I think the semantics are different enough to path_variable to
warrant the new element.

Marc.

On Apr 3, 2006, at 1:49 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> It would be great if WADL and other Web description formats could
> accommodate Matrix URIs;
>   http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/MatrixURIs.html
> so that the parameters of the Matrix URI would be handled in a
> fashion similar to the way query parameters are handled.
>
> We're starting to use them pretty extensively.
>
> --
> Mark Nottingham
> mnot@yahoo-inc.com

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.