Re: Service description value for hypermedia?

On Jun 16, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Marc Hadley wrote:
>> Mark B.:
>> I don't doubt that there might be exceptions, but I'm confident it's
>> the general case, yes.
>>

> If you are correct and folks write custom libraries for all web
> applications for a variety of common programming languages then I'd
> agree with you: we don't need a web application description
> language and we can all go do something else instead.

Sorry to be nit picking, but I want to make sure I understand correctly:

By Web application you guys refer to things like

- a Google search
- an Amazon purchase
- a ticket in a trouble ticket system
etc.

yes?

Jan

> But, FWIW, I'm not convinced that this will happen and hence think
> that a standard format for describing such applications has some
> potential utility.
>

>> Phew, I'm glad I got my point across.  I was having www-ws-arch
>> flashbacks for a moment there. 8-) Thanks for hearing me out on this
>> complex issue.
>>

> I was perhaps fortunate to miss out on the www-ws-arch discussions.
>
> Cheers,
> Marc.
>
> ---
> Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
> Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.

Jan Algermissen, Consultant & Programmer
http://jalgermissen.com
Tugboat Consulting, 'Applying Web technology to enterprise IT'
http://www.tugboat.de