Re: Raspberry Pi

This is not a specification issue, but an implementation and maintenance
cost issue.

The Chromium implementation does not officially support Linux.  ChromeOS is
a controlled distribution where bluez versioning and patches are maintained
and is officially supported.

https://github.com/WebBluetoothCG/web-bluetooth/blob/master/implementation-status.md
notes "Linux is partially implemented and not supported. The
chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-features flag must be
enabled."  Ensuring that bluez is up to date may allow it to just work for
you, though at times there are patches to bluez needed.

If Raspberry Pi developers wished to improve support for Chromium
on Raspberry Pi the chromium.org discussion groups would be a good place to
discuss.