Re: Web Bluetooth per origin Device ID design

Moving to the public list.

A global counter wouldn't be ok because of leaking the user's general use
of Bluetooth, but I think a per-origin counter is ok. I don't remember why
I'd decided random was better... Maybe not needing to save the current
counter value?

https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues/64 covers sharing IDs with
other specs. Looking back over that issue, BluetoothDevice.id probably
won't be the shared ID, but having some indication in the string of what
API it comes from should help debugging.

Anyone else have preferences? (Note that the format of this ID won't be
guaranteed in the spec; we're just figuring out an implementation detail.)

Jeffrey