Re: [int-main] Working on a Web Bluetooth API at the W3C

Thank you Mats and Scott,

The GAP and GATT RESTful APIs enable access via a gateway to bluetooth
devices. This seems appropriate for servers, and possibly user's computers
that connect to a gateway.

The API we are pursuing at http://github.com/jyasskin/web-bluetooth
facilitates a direct connection from a user's computer or mobile device to
a bluetooth device without the use of a wireless ethernet connection. The
goal is to enable web sites access comparable to a native API on a
computer. Note that websites currently can be cached offline with AppCache,
and in progress Service Worker implementations will improve this
capability.