From: Alexandra Lacourba <alex@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2024 1:43 PM
To: chairs@w3.org
Cc: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>; Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Subject: Call for W3C Breakouts Day 2024 Session Proposals

Dear Chairs,

In response to enthusiasm for TPAC breakout sessions, we are happy to announce an experiment with a remote breakout session event outside of TPAC. We are calling this W3C Breakouts Day 2024, which will take place 12 March 2024 (UTC).

No registration for the event is required. Anyone with a W3C account may participate, including non-Members. W3C Members may invite guests (with W3C accounts) to participate.

--------
Sessions

For this W3C Breakouts Day experiment we are soliciting two kinds of session proposals:

  *   Breakout (for deep dives, smaller group, at most 50 minutes). We plan to schedule breakout sessions in parallel (ideally, no more than 5 in parallel).
  *   Plenary (for raising awareness, large group, at most 10 minutes). We plan to schedule plenary sessions back to back within a single hour, with no other sessions in parallel. (If we receive many plenary proposals, we will schedule additional plenary slots.) The template for proposing a session will prompt you to pick one of the two types.

To view proposed sessions:
https://github.com/w3c/breakouts-day-2024/issues

Before proposing a session, please see good practices for session chairs and how to propose a session:
https://github.com/w3c/tpac-breakouts/wiki/Good-Practices-for-Session-Chairs

To propose a session:
https://github.com/w3c/breakouts-day-2024/issues/new?assignees=&labels=session&projects=&template=session.yml

For more information about W3C Breakouts Day 2024 (including who may propose a session, time slots, etc.), see:
https://github.com/w3c/breakouts-day-2024/

--------
Calendar

  *   29 February: Deadline for proposals
  *   1 March: Draft schedule announced
  *   8 March: Stable schedule announced
  *   12 March: W3C Breakouts Day 2024

Once we have scheduled sessions, they will appear in the W3C Breakouts Day 2024 breakout calendar:
https://www.w3.org/calendar/breakouts-day-2024/

Please contact François Daoust and Ian Jacobs<mailto:ij@w3.org,fd@w3.org?Subject=Re%3A%20Call%20for%20Breakouts%20Day%20Breakout%20Sessions> with any questions about the organization of the event.

With kind regards,

For François Daoust and Ian Jacobs,
Alexandra Lacourba, W3C Global Events Coordinator