Re: [media-and-entertainment] Overview of Media Technologies for the Web updates (#32)

From: François Daoust via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 08:36:27 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
I'm working on a pull request which I hope will be ready in the next couple of days. Below is a quick dump of updates per section that I'm planning to make. It includes the specs mentioned above

Media Rendering
- Update status of WebVTT (now a Candidate Recommendation)
- Merge TTML 2 with TTML 1, move to "well-deployed"
- Move IMSC 1.1 profile to "well-deployed"
- Move Open Screen Protocol to "in progress"
- Move CSS Colors Level 4 to "in progress"
- Update Color Management in "not covered"
- Mention `video-` plans in CSS Media Queries Level 5 to address bi-plane
- Update Extensions to EME in "not covered" and mention those "in progress"
- Talk about DataCue and next generation TextTrackCue as "exploratory"
- Mention Audio Device Client in "exploratory"

Playback Controls
- Mention Input for Workers and Worklets
- Mention WebXR Gamepads Module
- Move Autoplay Policy Detection to work in progress

Media Distribution
- Expand description of Media Capabilities to cover the "can/should" and describe support for color spaces
- Move codec switching feature for MSE to "in progress" (see description in Media Processing)
- Mention WebTransport
- Mention Content Hints and SVC for WebRTC

Media Processing
- Start with MSE / EME
- Mention WebGPU (and drop entry in not covered)
- Mention WebCodecs in exploratory and in "Media Capture Stream with Worker"
- Mention WebAssembly somehow
- Mention HTMLMediaElement latency hint proposal

Media Orchestration
- Move Media Timed Events to "in progress"
- Mention DataCue and next generation TextTrackCue
- Mention Audio Device Client in "exploratory"

Media Capture
- s/Media Recorder API/MediaStream Recording

Media Application Development
- Update Web Media APIs to 2019

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tidoust
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/media-and-entertainment/issues/32#issuecomment-574552999 using your GitHub account