Re: Why WebVMT Branched From WebVTT

Hi Rob,

That sounds like a reasonable choice. I wonder if there are any interesting
takes away that you've learned working with WebVMT that may apply to WebVTT
as well? Any features in WebVMT that may make sense to bring back to WebVTT?
Does it make sense to update WebVTT in such a way that WebVMT can be an
extension of it rather than a fork, as opposed to outright merging the two?
For example, mark stuff like regions as not required for metadata use cases?

Thanks,
Gary.