From: John Simmons via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:43 AM
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Subject: Re: [me-media-timed-events] ISO BMFF Byte Stream Format spec does not mention emsg

My understanding - the scope of the ISO BMFF Byte Stream Format spec is to be used by the Media Source Extensions spec, and that the scope of the Media Source Extensions [https://www.w3.org/TR/media-source](url) spec is the dynamic construction of media streams for <audio> and <video>. Exposing emsg events to JavaScript Apps is out of scope for the Media Source Extensions (DataCue? Other?). And based because it is scoped to use by the MSE spec, emsg is also out of scope for the Byte Stream spec. Thoughts?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by johnsim
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/me-media-timed-events/issues/1#issuecomment-395094001 using your GitHub account