RE: New User Discovery Use Case

Hi Bill,

It is interesting to not that you actually skipped the key part of TVA-Anytime, i.e. part 3 that contains the schema :--)

In Part 3-1, you'll find a user description split into user preferences (profile, search and browsing preferences) and usage history (how content has been consumed - actions, etc.). In 3-3 you find more metadata such as on accessibility...

In part 3-1, you'll find information about the programme: editorial metadata, purchase conditions, etc.

In part 3-3 and part 3-4  you find more information on advertising, interstitial, coupons, etc. You also have more information about rights.

CRID is a unique identifier - quite ahead of its time as it came before ISAN and EIDR, which both can be used in creating CRIDs (defined in an RFC too) which make them further unique within a content provider namespace (e.g. in a particular application domain).
CRIDs can be used to store information about content. An interesting scenario is that you see an announcement about a programme either in an EPG or watching a trailer. According to the application at hand (red button or just hyperlink) you select this content and decide "record when available" or "advise when available on replay", etc. All is managed through the smaller piece of information that an unique identifier is.
The question of authority is therefore solved by:

-          Using uniquely attributed IDs from ISAN/EIDR

-          Manage you own unique IDs as content provider within your namespace using the RFC CRID structure (reusing ISAN/EIDR or not)

For more on TVA:  https://tech.ebu.ch/tvanytime and you can download the latest version of the specification there. We have started a new maintenance phase for ETSI at the request of the industry and we'll deal further with social media, etc.

I actually have to start my TVA webex... now!

See you soon.

Best regards,
Jean-Pierre