W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > February 2015

[GGIE] minutes - 11 Feb. 2015

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 04:08:54 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UD079b2K5BaOd2PgU1FmE3k1XBjrUxASnzqB3B+gyUYw@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2015/02/11-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Bill!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                           Web&TV IG GGIE TF

11 Feb 2015

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-web-and-tv/2015Feb/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/11-webtv-irc

Attendees

   Present
          PaulG, azamlerc, jianz, giuseppe, Bin_Hu, yosuke,
          ldaigle, mateuszk, mark_vickers, Paul_Higgs, wilkinm,
          BillRose, Zakim, RRSAgent, GlennDeen, timeless, kaz,
          richt, schuki, So_Vang

   Regrets
   Chair
          Glenn_Deen

   Scribe
          Bill_Rose

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Agenda Bash
         2. [6]What has been decided
         3. [7]f2f planning
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <GlennDeen> We will be a little bit light today several people
   have notified me they are traveling or having a holiday today

   <GlennDeen> Agenda: Feb 11, 2015 – GGIE – Glass to Glass
   Internet Ecosystem Call

   <GlennDeen> (1) Roll Call

   Glenn posted the agenda

   <GlennDeen> (2) 1-28-15 minutes

   <GlennDeen> (3) Agenda Bash

   <GlennDeen> (4) What we have somewhat settled on so far (but
   it’s still open

   <GlennDeen> (a) Advertising is included

   <GlennDeen> (b) The network is IPv6, we won’t be putting effort
   into issues that are IPv4 only

   <GlennDeen> (c) Network is mobile and traditional home/office

   <GlennDeen> (d) Content will have a name. But is it a URI or a
   URN ?

   <GlennDeen> (c) anything else?

   <GlennDeen> (5) What do we need to understand better to
   proceed?

   <GlennDeen> - what are suggestions for topics we need to
   solicit information on

   <GlennDeen> (6) Face-face dates discussion

   Glenn called for changes to the minutes

   Glenn moved to approve the minutes without change.

   Glenn called for changes to the agenda

   No changes were made

   Glenn: 3 topics for today

Agenda Bash

   1) What has been decided

   2) what do we need to gather more information on?

   3) Scheduling a face to face meeting

What has been decided

   Glenn reviewed what has been settled

   1. Advertising is included in the scope

   2. Focus on IPv6, not addressing IPv4 only issues.

   3. Will include mobile; traditional home networks (WiFi, etc.,
   including hot spot WiFi);

   4. Content will have a "name" i.e. a unique ID that can be
   discovered/referenced

   Glenn: Refer to it as a URN or URI?

   Leslie: URI unless or until it is assigned a specific name.
   ... URN until it can be resolved to a specific URI

   <ldaigle> sure

   Glenn: Asked further discussion to be taken off line - post
   link if available
   ... Anything else we have settled on or propose we should
   settle on?

   No responses.

   Glenn: Examples of unique IDs/names - ISAN, EIDR

   Glenn will ask for an expert to explain EIDR to the group

   Glenn: Are there other specs for namespaces in use that we
   should examine?

   <Paul_Higgs> eidr info: [9]http://eidr.org/technology/

      [9] http://eidr.org/technology/

   Ques: Do we think EIDR will meet our needs/can be extended to
   meet our needs?

   EIDR does not address user generated content.

   Glenn: Nothing precludes its use for user generated but it
   costs something to get an EIDR name.

   <Paul_Higgs> VAST or IAB may have identifier formats

   It was noted that the tools are geared to professional content.

   Glenn: Which IAB? Answer: Advertising

   <giuseppe> [10]http://www.ad-id.org/

     [10] http://www.ad-id.org/

   <kaz> [ Paul_Higgs, is that
   [11]http://www.iab.net/guidelines/508676/digitalvideo/vsuite/va
   st ? ]

     [11] http://www.iab.net/guidelines/508676/digitalvideo/vsuite/vast

   <Paul_Higgs> Yes Kaz

   Glenn: Advertising uses ADID. Is anyone familiar with ADID? No
   response.

   <giuseppe>
   [12]http://www.ad-id.org/news-announcements/ad-id-announces-dig
   ital-video-ad-serving-template-integration-and-new-study

     [12]
http://www.ad-id.org/news-announcements/ad-id-announces-digital-video-ad-serving-template-integration-and-new-study

   Glenn: Action Item: need to get more information on ADID

   Glenn: Will need different namespaces for different types of
   content. Each may have different conventions for naming.
   ... Many naming conventions don't include format info e.g.
   H.264, H.265...

   Paul: note that EIDR does have a means to identify formats
   using a cross relational list.

   Ques: states he does not believe format info is part of EIDR.

   Glenn: Does anyone know what is used in e.g. China?

   <Paul_Higgs> RFC 4078: The TV-Anytime Content Reference
   Identifier (CRID)

   Yosuke will post to IRC what is done in Japan.

   Glenn: Would it be useful to get more info on MPEG DASH?

   Ans: Yes

   Glenn will get additional info on MPEG DASH

   <yosuke> [Yosuke: In Japan, some IPTV service providers use
   CRID and others use their own content ID schemes.]

   <inserted> [Yosuke: Additionally, there is a forum about the
   universally unique content ID scheme but the work has not been
   adopted by the industry so far.]

   Glenn: Same question on HbbTV? Also information on issues
   related to deployment of HbbTV, areas where we can help.

   Giuseppe: Might be helpful to pose specific questions rather
   than open question

   Glenn: Agree

   <mark_vickers> +1

   Giuseppe: Might be better to wait until we have progressed
   further with our work and then reach out based on Use Cases.

   After discussion it was agreed we will move forward and
   generate specific questions as they arise

   <Paul_Higgs> I can answer some questions on HbbTV by e-mail

   Glenn: Any other topic areas we should look at? None were given

   Glenn/others: Will send out links used in the past for
   developing Use Case requirements. Anyone can add their use
   cases to the Wiki. Discuss on calls/meetings/email, edit, etc.
   Use template

   <kaz> [ fyi, GGIE TF wiki is here:
   [13]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF ]

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF

   <kaz> [ and use case template:
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/New_Ideas ]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/New_Ideas

   <giuseppe>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF/UseCases

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF/UseCases

f2f planning

   Glenn: Propose informal meeting at upcoming IETF meeting. Will
   send info to the group

   Glenn: Keep meetings at 1.5 hours unless it proves to be too
   long.

   <ldaigle> thanks — bye!

   Next Call: Feb 25, 2015

   <GlennDeen> thank you everyone

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015-02-11 16:58:14 $

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for TV, MMI, Voice, Geo, NFC and Auto
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 11 February 2015 19:10:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:57:25 UTC