RE: Drafting Comments on 'Triggered Interactive Overlay' use case

Yosuke,

Thank you very much for the quick analysis and comments. Let me further explain what the use case is so that you may have more information.

While Media Resources In-band Tracks CG can enable binding the video and triggered interactive overlay service built on MPEG2-TS, the scope here is too narrow. The intention of our use case is to address triggered interactive overlay service built on variety of streams, including:
- In-band scenario: events, and contents or content sources are encoded within in-band tracks of video streams. This also includes:
  * MPEG-TS
  * Other standard video encoding
  * Perhaps proprietary encoding of video streams
     . In terms of special / proprietary encoding, the implementation of API needs to hook up with the proprietary plug-ins. However, the API exposed to webapps should behave the same as MPEG-TS or other standard encoding.
- Out-band scenario: events, and contents or content sources are pre-provisioned within the platform, and API needs to trigger the events with the content/content sources based on triggers from platform.
  * The same handling of implementing the API as that of special / proprietary encoding.

So in summary, we need a generic, perhaps also more declarative API to enable the webapps to be able to:
- receive the specific events (and details of event definitions)
- details of data elements from the event triggering to achieve those use case scenario and requirements.

And webapps can act accordingly upon receiving the event, and related data elements to achieve those requirements.

The implementation of the generic API depends on whether the events/contents are in-band or out-band, and whether the standard encoding is used or the special/proprietary encoding is needed, and whether or not the plug-ins are available for out-band and/or special/proprietary encoding.

Hope it helps and let me know what you think

Thank you
Bin