W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > February 2014

[api] minutes - 19 Feb. 2014

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 04:29:53 +0900
Message-ID: <53050631.9030909@w3.org>
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                         Web and TV Media TF call

19 Feb 2014

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Kaz, Mark_Sadecki(observer), Wu_Wei(observer), Bin,
           Daniel, Cyril, Sheau, Geun, Whyun

    Regrets
           jcverdie

    Chair
           Bin

    Scribe
           kaz

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]action items
          2. [5]review the strawman IG Note
          3. [6]Mark from the W3C Team
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

action items

    action-178?

    <trackbot> action-178 -- Giuseppe Pascale to Start editing a
    req. document for this tf -- due 2013-12-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [8]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/178

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/178

    bin: action-178 is done

    close action-178

    <trackbot> Closed action-178.

    bin: action-179 is also done

    close action-179

    <trackbot> Closed action-179.

    action-179?

    <trackbot> action-179 -- Bin Hu to Prepare a strawman gap
    analysis -- due 2013-12-18 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot> [9]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/179

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/179

    action-180?

    <trackbot> action-180 -- Jean-Charles Verdie to Ping giuseppe
    to update ai 125 -- due 2014-01-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/180

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/180

    bin: should be closed as well

    close action-180

    <trackbot> Closed action-180.

    action-182?

    <trackbot> action-182 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Discuss with jc,
    bin about the details of how to create the cg -- due 2014-01-29
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/182

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/182

    action-184?

    <trackbot> action-184 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Create a wiki
    page to gather new ideas for the next round of the tf -- due
    2014-01-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/184

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/184

    action-185?

    <trackbot> action-185 -- Daniel Davis to Put scope of tuner api
    into task force wiki. -- due 2014-02-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/185

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/185

    kaz: ongoing

    <ddavis>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements#
    Tuner_Control

      [14] 
https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements#Tuner_Control

    ddavis: where is the best place for the tuner discussion?
    ... a separate page? or just a section?

    bin: looking at the wiki

    giuseppep: should remove the comment from the "requirement"
    ... the requirement section itself is fine
    ... can be done on another page, though

    bin: ok
    ... so our suggestion is creating a separate wiki page and
    remove the comments

    ddavis: will do

    kaz: difference between action-184 and this topic?

    bin: 184 is new use cases
    ... 185 is tuner api requirements

    kaz: got it

review the strawman IG Note

    ->
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014F
    eb/att-0004/mediareq-src.html giuseppe's writeup

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Feb/att-0004/mediareq-src.html

    giuseppep: cross reference for use cases and requirments
    ... gap analysis
    ... and next steps

    bin: (other) WGs are generating actual specs

    kaz: how to deal with the Google spreadsheet?

    giuseppep: can convert it to gain a file

    kaz: an HTML file?

    giuseppep: not sure
    ... might be a PDF file

    <scribe> ACTION: giuseppep to convert the Google spreadsheet of
    UC/REQ to a static file [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-186 - Convert the google spreadsheet
    of uc/req to a static file [on Giuseppe Pascale - due
    2014-02-26].

    [ MarkS mentions it would be better to have an HTML version for
    accessibility purposes ]

    giuseppep: what about gap analysis?

    bin: comments section of the Google spreadsheet

    ->
    [17]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdE
    ctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=0 Google spreadsheet

      [17] 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=0

    ddavis: tuner API is the only big topic, and the others are
    rather small changes to the existing specs?

    giuseppep: still need description on what the gaps are

    bin: how to track who gave comments?

    kaz: maybe can track Tracker?

    bin: IG participants should take action to clarify the gaps
    ... if there is no motivation, we will not follow up on the gap

    giuseppep: make sense
    ... what's next then?

    bin: the next steps section

    <giuseppep> s/we can close the gap/ we will not follow up on
    the gap/

    bin: we can suggest interested parties can do that
    ... because there is an expected CG
    ... the conclusion of this report itself is "Gap Analysis"

    giuseppep: regarding the topic on tuner APIs, we'll form a CG?

    bin: we can describe action items of the IG or the TF
    ... what about saying "interest parties may take
    responsibility"
    ... "and the TF initiating a CG"
    ... discussion on scope of the CG
    ... can generate some initial draft text

    giuseppep: will work with you

    <scribe> ACTION: bin to generate initial draft text for the
    "Next Steps" section [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-187 - Generate initial draft text for
    the "next steps" section [on Bin Hu - due 2014-02-26].

    bin: any other question?

    ddavis: anybody can create a CG, but this time we encourage
    strong relationship between this IG and the new CG
    ... can mention "related CGs" on the IG page
    ... btw, what about adding links to related specs?

    <scribe> ACTION: giuseppep to add links to related specs in the
    table [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-188 - Add links to related specs in
    the table [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2014-02-26].

Mark from the W3C Team

    mark: WAI contact
    ... having Wu Wei as well
    ... TV accessibility
    ... Judy asks us to join this call to talk about accessibility
    requirements
    ... most of the use cases applied to people with disability too
    ... HTML5 is designed to be accessibility
    ... second screen offers unique opportunity
    ... very exciting
    ... one thing I was wondering is
    ... mentioning accessibility guidelines
    ... visual impairment and descriptive video
    ... headphones can provide audio description
    ... one little use case I came up with
    ... wanted to attend today to see what the best way for the
    collaboration would be

    bin: tx for you comments
    ... accessibility is important due to law as well
    ... we can add a new section for accessibility
    ... e.g., compliance to accessibility guidelines
    ... for the future work during the second round
    ... whoever contributes new use cases can provide accessibility
    scenario as well
    ... also would suggest you attend this call regularly

    mark: that's wonderful if you can accessibility guidelines in
    the Note

    giuseppep: this Note itself is just the result of our own
    discussion

    mark: we'd love to participate in the discussion
    ... WAI also has its Media TF
    ... will bring this information to the WAI Media TF

    <scribe> ACTION: bin work with MarkS about how to deal with
    accessibility guidelines in the Note [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-189 - Work with marks about how to
    deal with accessibility guidelines in the note [on Bin Hu - due
    2014-02-26].

    ddavis: this TF is working on the second iteration
    ... we can add new use cases
    ... to cover accessibility
    ... or extension to the existing use cases

    mark: universal disability is not the target
    ... lot of use cases we could create to benefit people
    ... use cases for supporting caption
    ... not disturb people

    bin: what the concrete titles?

    mark: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines/User Agent
    Accessibility Guideline

    kaz: Daniel and myself will talk with MarkS and Wu_Wei a bit
    more offline

    bin: any other business for today?

    (nothing)

    [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: bin to generate initial draft text for the "Next
    Steps" section [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: bin work with MarkS about how to deal with
    accessibility guidelines in the Note [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: giuseppep to add links to related specs in the
    table [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: giuseppep to convert the Google spreadsheet of
    UC/REQ to a static file [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/19-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([26]CVS log)
     $Date: 2014-02-19 19:25:03 $

      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Activity Lead for Web&TV, MMI and Voice
Tel: +81 466 49 1170
Received on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 19:30:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:57:20 UTC