W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > December 2014

[webtv] minutes - 10 December 2014

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:55:05 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VHDN+8Yhiig_rKOeiTjnWwFGVjwqHs4Ffs__=be0Ci+Q@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
available at:
 http://www.w3.org/2014/12/10-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Kazuyuki

---

  [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Web&TV IG call

10 Dec 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/10-webtv-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz, Paul, Daniel, Yosuke, Giuseppe, Bin, Glen

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yosuke

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]GGIE TF
         2. [5]second round use cases
         3. [6]TV Control API CG
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

GGIE TF

   yosuke: would finalize the GGIE TF Charter

   <yosuke> [8]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF

      [8] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF

   Gdeen: GGiE looks for glass to glass end-to-end ecosystem for
   digital video
   ... would identify features
   ... better scalability, user identification, privacy, etc.
   ... global/international use cases
   ... would generate a report by TPAC 2015 in Sapporo
   ... tight schedule
   ... questions?

   (nothing)

   Gdeen: bi-weekly telcos
   ... at least one f2f meeting
   ... prioritizing use cases

   ->
   [9]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Basic_Information
   _of_the_Task_Force.27s_work Basic information of the task force

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Basic_Information_of_the_Task_Force.27s_work

   Gdeen: make sense?

   yosuke: yes

   giuseppe: yes

   Gdeen: success criteria
   ... requirements documents to each of the responsible SDOs
   ... there will be an IETF meeting in Yokohama in 2015
   ... request for participants to contribute
   ... two months to prioritize use cases
   ... what are important ones
   ... third/fourth month we could have a f2f meeting
   ... march or april

   giuseppe: let's wait for the first call

   Gdeen: IETF meeting in Dallas in March
   ... we'll see

   <giuseppe> kaz, I never said 1Q :)

   <giuseppe> I said let's wait for the first call of the group

   <yosuke> [JFYI: HTML WG is planning to have "mini TPAC" in
   Paris around the AC meeting. This may be a good timing for the
   IG to have an f2f meeting.]

   -> [10]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Timeline
   timeline

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Timeline

   Gdeen: collaborate with related SDOs
   ... ATSC, CEA, HbbTV, IETF, IPTV Forum Japan, MPEG, Smart TV
   Alliance, SMPTE

   giuseppe: no dependency on the documents?

   Gdeen: can obtain recommendations based on IETF's discussion,
   etc.
   ... Communication

   -> [11]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Communication
   Communication section

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Communication

   Gdeen: use TF identifier "[GGIE]"
   ... moderator will be probably me, Glenn Deen
   ... telco slot

   <yosuke>
   [12]http://doodle.com/mkaneessdt35ubgkz6f44s99/admin#table

     [12] http://doodle.com/mkaneessdt35ubgkz6f44s99/admin#table

   giuseppe: midnight in Europe

   yosuke: doodle poll above
   ... 10am Eastern

   giuseppe: not aware of that poll...
   ... would extend the deadline for one more week

   Gdeen: ok

   giuseppe: would add additional candidate slots

   Gdeen: one week fit better for Japan, another week fit better
   for Europe

   giuseppe: we can talk about the alternative slots option at the
   first call
   ... let's find the best time first

   yosuke: if we want to involve JP stakeholders, earlier slot
   would be better
   ... but if we have later slot, would not be fatal

   Gdeen: if people complain, we can add some more candidate slots

   yosuke: managing alternative slots would be complicated
   ... having a midnight call would be better than that

   (giuseppe broke up)

   <giuseppe> I was just asking if we still need the poll

   Gdeen: we have 5 candidate slots now

   <giuseppe> sounds good

   Gdeen: would get wider participation in the poll
   ... I'm fine with Wednesday
   ... 8am pacific time

   <giuseppe> I was saying

   <giuseppe> we can add an extra day if we want to

   <giuseppe> like wednesday and thursday

   Gdeen: advertise this poll and extend the deadline till next
   Monday
   ... first call I'd propose is 7 Jan.

   <giuseppe> there is CES that week

   <giuseppe> lets' start from the week of 12th

   Gdeen: make sense?

   giuseppe: there will be CES that week
   ... better to start the week of Jan 12th

   Gdeen: 14th Jan. would be perfect
   ... poll deadline Dec. 22

   giuseppe: ok

   Gdeen: participation

   -> [13]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Participation
   participation section

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF#Participation

   giuseppe: ML is public, but telcos should be restricted to the
   W3C Members

   Gdeen: ok

   giuseppe: anyone can read the minutes

   Gdeen: anything else?

   giuseppe: do you have any skeleton work to start with?

   Gdeen: request for participation
   ... will generate skeleton by the first call
   ... let me think about that

   giuseppe: ok

   Gdeen: tx

   yosuke: so the TF charter has been finalized now
   ... you'll be the moderator for the TF mailing list

second round use cases

   yosuke: regarding synchronization with Mike Smith and PLH
   ... Media Control API needs improvement
   ... with interoperability
   ... asking stakeholders about how they could contribute testing
   work for that
   ... also trying to involve them to W3C work
   ... on the IG ML
   ... questions?

TV Control API CG

   yosuke: Bin, any update from the TV Control API CG?

   Bin: had a call a few weeks ago
   ... compare existing APIs
   ... Mozilla, etc.
   ... Mozilla would make contribution
   ... gap analysis is ongoing
   ... working with Mozilla
   ... Sean Lin is nominated as one of the editor

   <giuseppe> nothing from my side

   yosuke: anything else for today?

   (nothing)

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Web&TV, MMI, Voice, Geo and NFC
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 10 December 2014 14:56:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:57:25 UTC