Re: [apis] Update HNReq note or publish new document

Hi Olivier

Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> Dear Media APIs TF members,
>
> Since we started our work in the Media APIs TF, I have been rather worried
> that we may be reinventing the wheel -

+1 (billion)

> The document is here, and obviously work in progress:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/HNReq_Comparison

Excellent input!

> I would like the TF to discuss and decide the most effective way forward:
>
> 1. Continue with our current list of use cases and requirements, making
> sure we take into account the work already done by the HNTF.
>
> 2. "take over" the HNReq note. This would probably imply changing its name
> (our current scope is often wider the home network) and merging use cases
> and requirements into a single list on which we would subsequently iterate

What about:
3 - dismiss the use cases we have which duplicate those handled by
HNReq, assuming they'll accept our inputs in case this is a 99%
duplicate and not a carbon-copy. focus on the use cases which are not in
HNReq scope

?

Regards
JC