RE: [apis] Gap analysis for Indexed Database API

Thx Bin I agree, I updated the spreadsheet with your comment ;). I think we need to consider also the "W3C Offline Web applications" http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-20110525/offline.html in our Gap Analysis. What do you think? I you agree I will add new Column in the spreadsheet and assign this task to me.

Best regards,
Louay

From: HU, BIN [mailto:bh526r@att.com]
Sent: Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013 07:24
To: Bassbouss, Louay; public-web-and-tv
Subject: RE: [apis] Gap analysis for Indexed Database API

Louay,

Because there is no formal spec of Service Worker at this moment, although there are related documents in Github, I suggest:

-          For REQ 12 Offline Mode for Services and Content: we put red "X". The reasons are:

o   Service Worker is primarily for addressing app cache issue, so REQ 12 is within it scope. Thus we think it should support REQ 12.

o   Because of the situation of no formal spec, we don't feel comfortable to put a green "Y" there.

o   Thus the red "X" is the best judgment at this moment. It gives us the opportunity to influence WebApps WG so that Service Worker will support REQ 12 when there is a draft of spec.

o   We can put above reason as comments of the red "X".

-          We can leave others "blank".

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Bin