W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > December 2013

[api] minutes - 4 December 2013

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:56:48 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Wqks6dLr0L6UgT8UQ7LZxxpewsoHxFuoBvQ90NKzoYBQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
available at:
 http://www.w3.org/2013/12/04-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                   Web and TV IG - Media APIs TF call

04 Dec 2013

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/12/04-webtv-irc

Attendees

   Present
          JC, Paul, Sheau, Igarashi, Bin, Giri, Kaz, Yosuke,
          Mark(IRC)

   Regrets
          Daniel

   Chair
          JC

   Scribe
          jcverdie

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Gap analysis
         2. [5]Use Cases refactoring
         3. [6]Tuner CG discussion
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

Gap analysis

   [RESOURCES]
   Sheau's write-up:
   [8]http://www.w3.org/mid/CEC217DF.B760%25sheau.ng@nbcuni.com
   Daniel's write-up:
   [9]http://www.w3.org/mid/529EC494.4070206@w3.org
   Louay's write-up:
   [10]http://www.w3.org/mid/3958197A5E3C084AB60E2718FE0723D474149
   8FB@FEYNMAN.fokus.fraunhofer.de
   Gap analysis
   table:[11]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6q
   SvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=1

      [8] http://www.w3.org/mid/CEC217DF.B760%25sheau.ng@nbcuni.com
      [9] http://www.w3.org/mid/529EC494.4070206@w3.org
     [10] http://www.w3.org/mid/3958197A5E3C084AB60E2718FE0723D4741498FB@FEYNMAN.fokus.fraunhofer.de
     [11] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=1

   Sheau:
   [12]http://www.w3.org/mid/CEC217DF.B760%25sheau.ng@nbcuni.com
   ... web storage
   ... req 8 recommendation is X
   ... req 21

     [12] http://www.w3.org/mid/CEC217DF.B760%25sheau.ng@nbcuni.com

   Sheau: messaging API

   Sheau: comments?
   ... Manifest for Web Apps

   (sorry for not scribing, my line connexion is too bad)

   Sheau: comments?

   Louay:
   [13]http://www.w3.org/mid/3958197A5E3C084AB60E2718FE0723D474149
   8FB@FEYNMAN.fokus.fraunhofer.de

     [13] http://www.w3.org/mid/3958197A5E3C084AB60E2718FE0723D4741498FB@FEYNMAN.fokus.fraunhofer.de

   Daniel: [14]http://www.w3.org/mid/529EC494.4070206@w3.org

     [14] http://www.w3.org/mid/529EC494.4070206@w3.org

   jc: we have two emails
   ... from Daniel and Louay with proposed resolutions
   ... any comments on these?
   ... may be wait a few days to give people a chance to read
   these emails

   <kaz> Louay's writeup:
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013D
   ec/0010.html

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Dec/0010.html

   jcverdie: there are a few remaining ? in web crypto

   yosuke: right, we need clarification on req side

   <kaz> [16]Google Doc Gap Analysis table

     [16] https://docs.google.com/a/keio.w3.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE&richtext=true#gid=1

   jcverdie: how can we get some comments?

   Sheau: trace back to reqs

   [17]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements#D
   evice_Authentication_Mechanism

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements#Device_Authentication_Mechanism

   yosuke: we could use Web crypto for authentication but it
   depends on the implementation of Web browsers

   gmandyam: web crypto is mainly sw implementation
   ... such mechanism is much more than what web crypto would
   deliver
   ... web crypto unlike EME is not deeply HW integrated

   yosuke: different opinion
   ... web crypto is interface to other entities (middleware or
   hw)

   gmandyam: on android we're not going to open any hw interface
   to the browser
   ... I would put a red cross

   jcverdie: does it mean that we need to leave it or move it to a
   different group?

   Bin_Hu: +1 giri
   ... red cross
   ... or blank if we see it as not a sufficient solution (web
   crypto)

   yosuke: i don't think webcrypto is a good solution neither

   <gmandyam> To clarify: My parent org. (Qualcomm) has concluded
   that Web Crypto has no HW dependencies, and requires nothing
   from the HW to support. Therefore the working assumption is
   that it will be a SW-only implementation. Device auth. is not
   possible.

   yosuke: if we want to find a good solution for device
   authentication, we need to put a red cross
   ... if we just want a solution, I think we can use webcrypto
   anyway

   <Bin_Hu> Based on Giri's more information, I suggest to put
   "blank", i.e. N/A for REQ 6 Device Authentication

   Sheau: ???

   <Bin_Hu> ... to put Red X for REQ 5.2 App Authentication

   if anyone can hear Sheau properly please scribe him, I can't
   hear him clearly

   Bin_Hu: device auth => blank
   ... App authentication => red cross
   ... or a blank if it's really not applicable

   +1 Bin

   Sheau: +1 but leave a note somewhere to give ourselves action
   to identify where Device Authentication Rq can or should be
   met.

   Bin_Hu: Giri's comment should be captured as final comment on
   the spreadsheet

   jcverdie: Yosuke can do this?

   <scribe> ACTION: Bin to capture Giri's comment and finalize "?"
   in Web Crypto [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2013/12/04-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-177 - Capture giri's comment and
   finalize "?" in web crypto [on Bin Hu - due 2013-12-11].

   jcverdie: should we go through Daniel comments of we keep it
   offline?
   ... Service Workers. kaz, had you a chance to start this?
   ... next week for both of them

Use Cases refactoring

   current list of UC :
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases

   <scribe> new template:
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/UseCases

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/UseCases

   JC: BIn, should we do some archeology for each use case owner?

   Bin: yes

Tuner CG discussion

   email sent today:
   [21]http://www.w3.org/mid/CA819749-78C4-4D71-A83B-F05030AC6795@
   yahoo.fr

     [21] http://www.w3.org/mid/CA819749-78C4-4D71-A83B-F05030AC6795@yahoo.fr

   JC: summarizing the discussion

   how can we name it? JC: ... how can we describe its goal?

   scribe: ... we would like to name it in an agnostic way

   not tuner API, ... not tuner URI

   scribe: comments?

   Sheau: Tuner Management ?
   ... Tuner part is ok, right?

   jcverdie: i think so

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to suggest "tuning"

   kaz: something like Channel Tuning
   ... Tuner implies specific devices or software, tuning just
   talks about functionalities

   yosuke: Tuner API is not so bad imho
   ... i can live with any kind of name

   jcverdie: Kaz and Sheau please reply to my email sent today so
   we can have a conclusion
   ... AOB?

   <yosuke> [yosuke: Regarding new names for Tuner API TF, new
   names are likely to bring new problems. For example channels or
   services can bring other kind of issues.]

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Bin to capture Giri's comment and finalize "?" in
   Web Crypto [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2013/12/04-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2013-12-05 03:38:12 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Web&TV, MMI and Voice
Tel: +81 466 49 1170
Received on Thursday, 5 December 2013 05:57:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:57:20 UTC