Re: removal of question marks in gap analysis

Hi JC,
Sorry I couldn¹t make it to the call last time. Unfortunately I may have
to miss this week¹s call as well.

Below is my list of ³?² from the three columns I volunteered.

--------------------
Column F Web Storage:
The specifications appear to be work-in-progress. It contains several
policy-orieted statements. There are not many technology that has been
codified in this spec. The following analysis is made based on the
assumption that these policy statements will eventually be codified in the
form of implementable standards.

The Storage interface has two attributes (sessionStorage and localStorage)
that are suitable to support some of our requirements.

Requirement ³Local Network Service Protection Mechanism²
Comments:
- The Web Storage policy statements on Privacy (6 Privacy) addresses many
of the security issues, mostly associated with user data.

- our TF requirements should be included.
Recommend: change to "X" (Red)

Requirement: Media Content Protection (On/Offline)
Comments:
- The Web Storage policy statements on Privacy (6 Privacy) addresses many
of the security issues, mostly associated with user data.
- our TF requirements should be included.
Recommend: change to "X" (Red)

-----------
Column M Messaging API
Requirement: Search
Comments:
The Messaging APIs "defines a System Level API which offers a simple
interface to get access to mobile messaging services. A typical use case
of the Messaging API is the implementation of a messaging client
application that allows the user to send SMS and MMS messages as well as
to access and manage the received SMS and MMS messages.²

- Some simple searches are supported.
- Additional (more sophisticated) search for media content need to be
defined (by whom?).
- Seems out of scope of Messaging API to support such level of search as
needed by our requirement.
Recommend: change to ³NA² (Blank).

-------------
Column O Manifest for Web App

Requirement: ³Service Synchronization Mechanism²
Comments:
- May be supported by way of the required_features member to signal the
mechanism used for service sync.
Recommend: change to "X" (Red)

Requirement: ³Service Information in Push Notifications²
Comments:
- Manifest member fields may be used to compose Service Information
- There may be additional information not covered in Web Manifest member
fields that are necessary for this requirement.
Recommend: change to "X" (Red)

Requirement: ³Media Content Protection On/Offline²
Comments:
- Manifest has permission field that specifies simple access control
(read/write, read-only, etc.)
- Further discussion needed if Content Protection mechanism choices need
to be visible at Manifest level, and if so, additional fields to be
defined in the Web Manifest.
- However, this may take things further out of scope of Manifest.
Recommend: change to ³blank² NA.

‹
Sheau Ng | NBCUniversal | P: +1.609.759.0819