From: Giuseppe Pascale [mailto:giuseppep@opera.com]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 6:09 AM
To: public-web-and-tv
Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Subject: Fwd: Review of DAP 'Network Service Discovery' specification and scheduling a joint call?

Frederick,
thanks for letting us know about this update. We will discuss this and
let you know when would be better to discuss this, but a joint call
sounds good to me. We will discuss your proposed slots. BTW our
current slots are on 9-10 ET, so there is no overlap with your time.

All,
we have received a request from the DAP WG to review their Network
Service Discovery specification.

I think we could carry on this work in the APIs TF, as part of the
gap analysis work, since that spec may cover some of the use cases and
requirements we are discussing there. If people agree, let's put it on
the agenda for the next call and we can discus how to organize the
review.

For those of you that are new to the IG, it may be interesting to know
that the IG worked on home network requirements 2 years ago, and
generated an IG note that was presented to the DAP WG and used as
input for the NSD work. The req. document is here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/hnreq/

With this email the DAP WG is asking us a review of the spec to see if
it addresses the original requirements.

/g