Re: webtv-ISSUE-62: Media Source Extensions (MSE) Testing [testing]

Although I agree this spec (like any other spec) will need a test suite,
I don't see how this issue is relevant to our discussion here.

If this was a way to express some priority indication, maybe what we can
do is to also run an internal (as in: among web&tv members) poll so that
people (companies) can provide their priorities.

/g

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:21:54 +0100, Web and TV Interest Group Issue
Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> webtv-ISSUE-62: Media Source Extensions (MSE) Testing [testing]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/62
>
> Raised by: Bin Hu
> On product: testing
>
> Provide comprehensive test suite for HTML5 Media Source Extensions (MSE)
> specification to support adaptive and live streaming to a variety of
> devices such as TVs / STBs, smart phones, tablets, and PCs, etc
>
> Motivation:
>
> HTML5 MSE extends HTMLMediaElement to allow JavaScript to generate media
> streams for playback, thus facilitates a variety of use cases like
> adaptive streaming, time shifting live streams, ad insertion and video
> editing, etc.
>
> MSE is specifically important for a variety of devices such as TVs /
> STBs, smart phones, tablets, and PCs etc.
>
> Supporting MSE Testing will accelelate the time-to-market of MSE-enabled
> device, offer the consumers with MSE-enabled video services and provide
> end users with better user experience.
>
> Dependencies:
> User Agent support is required as the JavaScript library needs to be
> extended to support MSE.
>
> What needs to be standardized:
> User Agent needs to be exposed with MSE-enabled JavaScript library.

Product Manager TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software