From: Giuseppe Pascale [mailto:giuseppep@opera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 3:28 AM
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org WG; Vickers, Mark
Subject: [profile] Profile spec title

On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:26:40 +0100, Vickers, Mark
<Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com> wrote:

> 5. Title: The goal for me is a profile of HTML5 for video services.
> There are two differences with "Web&TV Profile".
> - I want to include HTML5 in the title because this is HTML5-related and
> HTM5-centric
> - I don't like including "TV". This continues to cause confusion. It is
> clearer to describe an HTML5 profile for video services.

I don't have strong opinions on the title but I would note the following:
- A title should be short ( the subtitle explains a bit more what we are
doing).
- I've tried to use the word "TV services" in the subtitle that is
hopefully a bit less confusing (or maybe not?). I have defined this term as

"For the purposes of this document a TV service is a commercial video
service that may include elements of interactivity and that provides a
coherent user experience.

- while this profile is html5 based this is not only about html5. I'm not
against highlighting the HTML5 centric approach but I wouldn't call this
"an html5 profile".

So in short: I'm fine with your comments but I cannot come up with a
better title/subtitle. Suggestions are welcome.

/g

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software