Re: [profile] A new TF for the TV Profile

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:10:56 +0100, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
>
>  On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com
>> >wrote:
>>

>>> Now there is some text in the DOM3 spec
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-****Level-3-Events/<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-**Level-3-Events/>
>>> <http://www.w3.**org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/>
>>> >

>>> but AFAIK nobody has implemented it yet.
>>>

>> which text are you referring to in terms of implementing?
>>

> I mean the "TV related" parts.
>
> There is a section on remote controllers that is clearly just a place
> holder
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-**Level-3-Events/#remote-control<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#remote-control>
>
> (see the "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet" part, that text should be removed
> anyway)

I reported this to Doug today.

> Plus the TV related keys in this list
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-**Level-3-Events/#key-values<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#key-values>
>
> I remember this was discussed briefly here and I think you provided some
> input on this list (and I guess somewhere else) but I'm not sure if there
> is any actual plan to support them as defined in that document by any major
> browser (or even minor for what matters) or if these parts are still a work
> in progress.

Yes, I provided a list of the RC events defined/used by a number of
different standards/specifications.

The more interesting question (than simply scoping this to "major
browser[s]") is what is supported by "device browsers" where the device
provides a RC. I'm not sure that support by browsers predominantly used on
devices that *do not* employ a RC is particularly relevant.

> (Note: I haven't done a review myself, I was hoping we can do it as part
> of this activity and provide feedbacks to relevant groups).

I agree that such review and feedback would be useful as part of this
activity.