Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Final changes to the requirement document

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:44:08 +0200, Matt Hammond
<matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> I have been off-line for a week, so just catching up on the backlog ...
>
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:14:53 +0100, Giuseppe Pascale
> <giuseppep@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> * Requirements about content player discovery/control
>> Some concerns were raised that the following requirements can be
>> actually considered as part of the equivalent generic service
>> advertisement/control/discovery:
>> - 1.6.2.4 Content Players Discovery,
>> - 1.6.3.1 Control of content players
>> - 1.6.3.2 Control of content recorders
>>
>> What should I do with them? Should I remove them from our document? I'm
>> personally fine removing them.
>
> If, for example, "Control of Content Players" requirement is removed,
> then "U11. TV Control" is not adequately supported by the requirements.

right. one could extend the service requirement to include this. But at
this point I would rather go for keeping the requierements as they are. I
would really like to close the document ASAP. So I'll keep them if no
objection raised.

> Adding a Gap Analysis section as suggested makes a lot of sense in order
> to show how fulfilling one or two core requirements represent a
> technical gap, which when filled can enable the meeting of other
> requirements through the creation of further code/services/tools. But
> for many of the remaining requirements, the further JS code or services
> that will fulfill them do not exist - so surely they are still
> requirements?

yes. That was the intent of the text I wrote. The message should be "this
is the technical gap that, once filled, could enable most of our
usa-cases. Once you have such gap filled, you can verify if this
assumption is correct, if not more work could be needed.

If you agree with the message, but you fill is not correcty/completely
reflect in my proposed text, could you help me improving it?

> Regarding Service Advertisement: it is only fulfilled by Service
> Discovery if there already exists a service advertisement service
> implementation/specification (is there one?) or if it can be implemented
> in JS within the UA.

agree, I'll clarify in the gap text as well.

/g

> regards
>

> Matt

TV & Connected Devices