Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] About Service Migration (ISSUE-7) and Document Migration (ISSUE-15)

On Wed, 25 May 2011 11:38:18 +0200, Jean-Claude Dufourd
<jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:

> Thank you, Glenn, for this very clear formulation.
> I fully agree now with Giuseppe that we need to use the term
> "application" rather than "document" in our use cases.
> Giuseppe, please include some of Glenn's text in your application
> definition.

Thanks both, I'll do an attempt and ask the list for review
(I'll probably write it down directly into the requirement document)

> I believe we also need to make clear what is part of the
> "client-application-state":
>
> - if the application is implemented as a set of documents, which
> document is currently active is part of the state; for example, if
> "tabs" are implemented as separate documents, which tab is visible is
> part of the state.
>
> - if any user interaction has brought a non-transient transformation of
> the DOM, that is part of the state; for example, a text highlight
> appearing because the mouse hovers above the text is transient and not
> part of the state, but a checkbox which has been checked may be part of
> the state.
>
> - in a similar fashion, if a communication link is established with
> another application through HNTF discovery, then that communication link
> may be part of the state; for example, the TV set running a voting
> application has established connections with two smartphones; if for any
> reason, the TV set was restarted, the voting application needs to
> reestablish connections with the same two smartphones if they are still
> available, but not with other phones.

While for a technical specification this is surely needed, do we need to
go into this level of details for a "usecases and requirements" document?
What about describing some examples of modification in the use case itself?
Of course this will not capture all the possible "states" but I don't
think is relevant at this stage to make a precise definition of this but
rather describe what are the most common scenarios we expect to be covered.

/g

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software - Sweden