Re: HTML5 Last Call May 2011 & DASH/Adaptive Streaming

Le 16/02/2011 08:29, Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
> And MPEG-4 systems still has a patent pool, even though licenses are
> not offered any more.
> http://www.mpegla.com/main/programs/M4S/Pages/Intro.aspx
For those interested, I've set up a page describing a bit more the MPEG-4 Systems patent pool, just to clarify what/how many patents are really relevant to the MP4 Container format. The web page is here:
http://concolato.wp.institut-telecom.fr/misc/mpeg-4-systems-patent-pool-analysis/
Of course, I'm no lawyer and this page carries only my interpretation. It’s worth no more than that, but still might be helpful for some discussions. If you think it's missing information or has incorrect information let me know and I'll fix it asap.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group