Re: Workshop notes and next steps

3GP-DASH was developed in an organization in a context where RF policy did
not apply, but where RAND policy applied. It seems a little naive to think
that one could retroactively ask for a RF policy to be applied. Any
participant may just say NO if asked for a disclosure if none were required
by the rules of the originating organization, and would be under no
obligation even to respond to such a request.

You either develop a technology with RF terms or with RAND terms. You can't
change the former into the latter merely by asking the participants for
disclosures.

In any case, it is *extremely unlikely* that HTML5 would reference 3GP-DASH,
either normatively or informatively. The HTML WG has already written off the
idea of referencing any media type. So why would they not treat media
streaming protocols known to be developed under non-RF terms any
differently?

I just don't get the point of this thread. The outcome is already known.

Regards,
Glenn