HTML5 Last Call May 2011 & DASH/Adaptive Streaming

From: Richard Maunder <rmaunder@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:56:29 +0100
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Hi,

Interesting session in Berlin last week, thanks to all involved.

While we wait from the IG process & tools to form, I was interested in the implications of the HTML5 Last Call for May, especially the window for getting any DASH baseline or other adaptive streaming requirement into the spec:

http://www.w3.org/2011/02/htmlwg-pr.html

I'm not very familiar with the W3C processes, but my reading of them suggests it would be unlikely in this round if not in the spec by May?

Any thoughts on this?

Best wishes

Richard

Legal boilerplate follows.....
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cisco.