[HOME_NETWORK_TF] Comments on "Application Communication" requirement

From: Matt Hammond <matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:20:43 +0100
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
Hi all,

Apologies for this being a little later than I originally intended: as I
mentioned in last week's conf call, I have a comment regarding the
"Application Communication" requirement.

Would it be helpful to clarify that this requirement is specifically
intended to enable direct communication between applications? This would
be to distinguish it from an implementation that (for example) sent all
communications through a cloud based relay or proxying service?

For example: "Conforming specifications should provide a means for
applications to exchange messages directly via the home network with other
applications running on a different user agent in the home network."

regards

Matt