Re: Interactive Television

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 14:57:45 +1000
To: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Cc: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Hi Adam,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Some scenarios that interest me are searchable and navigable transcripts
> such as illustrated at http://www.cspan.org.  Video tracks can provide data
> for JavaScript to make use of DHTML for user interfaces for navigation
> within and between videos.

Just wanted to point out http://metavidstorage03.ucsc.edu/ to you as
an example of searchable and navigable transcripts using open source
technology that is very similar to what is now specified in HTML5. It
should demonstrate some of what would already be possible with the
given HTML5 specification and WebVTT once implemented in Web browsers.

Cheers,
Silvia.