Re: [Fwd: local device discovery - api, demo and source code]

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:52:33 +0200, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:
>> The question remains whether it is necessary or useful to define
>> higher level abstraction layers, e.g., a low-level, generic UPnP
>> layer, UPnP service specific layers, etc.
>
> Quite so. This could come later based upon experience by library
> developers with exploring various approaches to defining overarching
> abstractions.

Indeed, this is my opinion as well, that is not giving up on a higher
level API, but starting from a "simpler" one and experiment on top of it
with JS libraries.
Then consider an higher level API, if this is felt as needed, at a second
stage.

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software - Sweden