Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Implementation Alternatives

Clark,
I was taking a look at the Generic discovery API and I have one comment
about the "discoveryEnabled()" function.
Near the function you write "class variable". So do you expect discovery
to be enabled/disabled equally for all applications (i.e. at a UA level)?

I think would be better to keep this point open; in fact, also related to
the security discussion, another solution could be to enable discovery on
a per application base (so only trusted apps would be allowed to do
discovery)

What do you think?

/g
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:10:05 +0200, Clarke Stevens
<C.Stevens@cablelabs.com> wrote:

> I have posted a new document for implementation alternatives. The
> purpose of the document is to provide example use cases and various ways
> to implement the use cases. This is NOT intended as the comprehensive
> use case list. It is meant to provide a few key use cases that
> illustrate fundamental architectural examples and how they would be
> implemented under various architectural models.
>
> My hope is that this will drive discussion and point out the relative
> strengths and weaknesses of different approaches in order to guide us to
> a good solution.
>
> You can find the document with a couple of initial examples here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Alternatives
>
> You can also get to it from the "Open Discussions" link on the main HNTF
> page.
>
> Thanks,
> -Clarke

TV & Connected Devices