Sent: ¾øÀ½
To: Kazuyuki Ashimura; FUNAHASHI Yosuke; Charles McCathieNevile
Cc: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Subject: RE: IG charter: status and schedule

Dear folks,

Thank you for drafting the IG charter.

I think that we should clarify what "TV services" means in order to avoid
leading confusions.
I think that teleco's IPTV services and on-line services over the Internet
are in scope of the IG. If "TV services" means just video contents delivery
via terrestrial/satellite/CABLE broadcast, i.e. out-of-band of IP, we
should also describe "video services via IP network" as well as "TV
service".

Any comment?

Tatsuya Igarashi¡¡(Tatsuya.Igarashi@jp.sony.com)
NS Development Dept. Technology Development Group
Sony Corporation
(Voice) +81-3-5435-3252¡¡(Fax) +81-3-5435-3274