Re: [web-adv] agenda 29 March

Hello Elad, nice to meet you.

We're happy to talk about these in a web-adv meeting if the group is
interested, but let me point out that there is an every-other-week call
that is specifically about the FLEDGE API.  The next call is this coming
Wednesday, March 30th; further details are posted in
https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/issues/88.

Also, please take a look at the Chrome Developer site's article about the
FLEDGE API.  The section "How does a FLEDGE ad auction work?
<https://developer.chrome.com/docs/privacy-sandbox/fledge/#how-does-a-fledge-ad-auction-work>"
might already answer all of your questions!  In particular, (1) SSP
"sellers" do indeed retain their core job of picking the winner of the
on-device auction.  The seller can pass in all the information it wants
about the surrounding page — including (3) contextual signals and (2) the
winning price of the best contextual ad, so it can only allow FLEDGE
auction winners that beat that floor.

--Michael

--
Forewarned is worth an octopus in the bush.