Re: [web-adv] Agenda request - 15th June

Hi James,

I'll put this on the agenda for an informational point. To the extent
the consultation has cross-ecosystem interest, i.e. is discussing
proposals that could become web standards, and not just the conduct of a
specific vendor, please make that cross-ecosystem discussion your focus.

Thanks,
--Wendy

On 6/11/21 7:34 AM, James Rosewell wrote:
> Hi Wendy,
>

> Today the UK CMA announced a 4 week consultation on their proposed
> oversight role in relation to “Privacy Sandbox”.
>

> CMA to have key oversight role over Google’s planned removal of
> third-party cookies - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
> <https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cma-to-have-key-oversight-role-over-google-s-planned-removal-of-third-party-cookies>
>

> I do not believe the timing in relation to the G7 meeting in the UK is a
> coincidence. Other countries appear likely to follow the CMA template.
>

> Given there is an opportunity for this group to input into industry wide
> proposals to provide people privacy and choice, and that time is short,
> I’d like to provide the group the information they need to engage with
> the consultation at the 15^th June IWA BG meeting. Could you add this to
> the agenda?
>

> I also suspect Google will wish to update the group directly.
>

> Regards,
>

> James
>
> This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
> privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
> immediately and do not disclose, use, store or copy the information
> contained herein. This is an email from 51Degrees.mobi Limited, 9
> Greyfriars Road, Reading. RG1 1NU. T: +44 118 328 7152; E:
> info@51degrees.com; 51Degrees.mobi Limited t/as 51Degrees.

Strategy Lead and Counsel, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)