RE: [web-adv] Minutes and next meeting *17 August*

Hi Wendy:

Can we also add FloC ID vs. Topic-Based?

I'd like to discuss the Digiday article:  https://digiday.com/marketing/google-switch-floc-cookie-replacement-fingerprinting-potential/

Which references Josh Karlin's FLoC presentation at https://youtu.be/J8sBCPYDHJo starting at marker 1:33:00

Josh Karlin quoted to say:  “It might make sense to stick to topics instead of cohorts,”  " the algorithmic system might generate topic-centric IDs associated with subject matter on websites people visit — think “performing arts” or “fitness” — as opposed to assigning an opaque numerical cohort ID"

Questions
1.      if we move to topical, when will this be determined?
2.      Will there be a new FLoC orgin trial?
3.      What are the findings so far from the FLoC trial?
4.      Will it be at a domain level or page level?  It sounds that this is potentially at the page level?
5.      Will there be max # of topics per page?

Thanks!

Angelina Eng
VP, Measurement & Attribution
Programmatic+Data Center