PrivacyCG discussion about who should have access to click reporting

From: Kris Chapman <kristen.chapman@salesforce.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 10:59:41 -0500
To: "public-web-adv@w3.org" <public-web-adv@w3.org>
Hi -

In the Privacy CG meeting this Thursday, one of the agenda items is with
Apple's Private Click Measurement proposal, and who should be able to get
access to the reporting.  Here's the github issue about it:

https://github.com/privacycg/private-click-measurement/issues/57

Apple's position currently is that it should only go to the registrable
domain, and not to any third parties.  Personally, I think that's a mistake
because I think it hides what's actually going on from users, and it's
going to be over-complicating the reporting system for brands.  I wanted to
flag this is being discussed this week, though, just so more people can
join the discussion (either in the Privacy CG meeting or on that github
issue).

Thanks!
- Kris

Kristen Chapman