From: Mary Jo Mueller <maryjom@us.ibm.com>
Sent: Thursday, 1 September, 2022 9:27 PM
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [WCAG2ICT] Agenda for the 8 September meeting

Hi all,

Welcome, and thank you for your willingness to participate in the WCAG2ICT Task Force. We will have our first meeting on 8 September at 10 AM Eastern (Length: up to 1 hour). Please make sure you block your calendars for a weekly meeting at this time. Note, that there may be some anomalies in time differences when daylight savings ends (Nov.6 in the U.S.), so always use the time conversion for your locale based on the 10 AM Eastern (Boston) time (convert to UTC<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=8&min=0&sec=0&p1=43>).

I recently sent a W3C meeting invitation, but some task force participants may have difficulty with it. So I'm sending this email to ensure everyone has access to the information.

Preparation
There is a little homework to prep<https://github.com/w3c/wcag2ict/wiki/Work-for-the-week#preparation-for-8-september-meeting> for the 8 September meeting.  Most meetings will have some preparation to ensure we can work effectively.

  *   Complete survey: Weeks you are available<https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/55145/WCAG2ICT-weeks-available/q/T1/>
  *   Familiarize yourself with the WCAG2ICT wiki<https://github.com/w3c/wcag2ict/wiki>, especially the following topics pertaining to meetings

     *   Learn about IRC<https://github.com/w3c/wcag2ict/wiki/IRC-information> - Including installing IRC client tooling, if desired
     *   Learn about scribing<https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/wcag2ict/#communication> - including basic commands

  *   Create GitHub ID (if you don't already have one)

     *   Go to https://github.com/join<https://github.com/>.
     *   Type a user name, your email address, and a password.
     *   Choose Sign up for GitHub, and then follow the instructions.
Agenda
link: https://github.com/w3c/wcag2ict/wiki/Agendas#8-september-agenda

  *   Welcome
  *   Short-term meeting dates
  *   Introductions
  *   Identify unfilled roles and potential interest
  *   Getting started with W3C and the WCAG2ICT wiki
  *   Ways we might work - making sure all have access, can work effectively
  *   Initial priorities for the group
  *   Homework / Preparation for the second meeting<https://github.com/w3c/wcag2ict/wiki/Work-for-the-week#preparation-for-second-meeting>
If you would normally attend the meeting but are unable to, please reply to me with regrets.

Zoom teleconference information is available at this non-public page: https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_wcag2ict
NOTE: Do not email the zoom direct link to any public email list, which would force us to create a new one.

IRC: http://irc.w3.org port: 6665 channel #wcag2ict
Scribe list & instructions: https://github.com/w3c/wcag2ict/wiki/Scribe-list-&-instructions

Best regards,

Mary Jo
Mary Jo Mueller
IBM Accessibility Standards Program Manager

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."  ~John Quincy Adams
--

Amazon Development Center Austria GmbH
Brueckenkopfgasse 1