From: Andrea Snow-Weaver [mailto:asnowweaver@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 May 2013 03:42
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: Glossary terms related to conformance

I am working on proposals for the glossary terms that we deferred from last week.

accessibility supported
conformance
conforming alternate version
satisfies a success criterion
technology (web content)

These terms were previously blocked until we dealt with conformance. Last week I had proposed that we not comment on these terms but it was pointed out that even though these terms are fundamental to conformance, they are sometimes referenced from the success criteria.

I'm stumbling over the first one - accessibility supported.

I can think of replacement terms for "web content technology" in the definition itself. But Notes 2, 3, and 4 are about conformance or conformance claims which we have agreed we won't be commenting on.

Does anyone have thoughts on how we deal with these notes about conformance given that WCAG2ICT is not a standard that something can conform to?

Andi