Re: Results from today's WCAG WG meeting: all our changes accepted, with two editorial edits; also a review of our remaining tasks

Mike, Gregg,

I keep going back and forth on this - thinking I agree and then coming
back to the conclusion that I don't agree...

The SC text is (emphasis added): "When any /component *receives *focus/,
*/it /*does not initiate a change of context"

The "it" that isn't initiating the change of context is the "component",
and the barred behavior is when the "component receives focus".  The SC
doesn't say anything about loosing focus.  And Understanding makes clear
that 'What is meant by "component" here is also sometimes called "user
interface element" or "user interface component''.'  Also note in
Understanding: "Any component that is able to trigger an event when it
receives focus must not change the context."

So for me, a strict reading of this text would allow changes of context
on loss of focus, so long as it was the component loosing focus that
initiated the change of context...

I think the intent is better served by a slightly broader SC, but to do
so might have us going slightly beyond what WCAG itself says.

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>