RE: I think we missed the Note in WCAG2ICT SC 4.1.2

And to me too.

From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: 11 June 2013 23:21
To: Peter Korn
Cc: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: I think we missed the Note in WCAG2ICT SC 4.1.2

looks good to me

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org
and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net

On Jun 11, 2013, at 4:43 PM, Peter Korn <peter.korn@oracle.com<mailto:peter.korn@oracle.com>> wrote:

Hi gang,

In reviewing our text earlier today, I noticed what I think is a small problem in Success Criterion 4.1.2: Name, Role, Value<http://www.w3.org/TR/wcag2ict/#ensure-compat-rsv>: we left un-edited the WCAG note text, which reads:
Note: This success criterion is primarily for Web authors who develop or script their own user interface components. For example, standard HTML controls already meet this success criterion when used according to specification.
This note isn't correct for non-Web software.  I suggest we edit it to this:
Note: This success criterion is primarily for software developers who develop or use custom user interface components. For example, standard user interface components on most <glossary link>accessibility supported</glossary link> platforms already meet this success criterion when used according to specification.
Please see this described at the wiki page 4.1.2 Note change<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/edits-for-michael-post-2nd-public-draft/4-1-2-note-change>.

Peter
--
<oracle_sig_logo.gif><http://www.oracle.com/>