From: Peter Korn [mailto:peter.korn@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 6:00 PM
To: Gregg Vanderheiden
Cc: Crowell, Pierce; 'public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org'
Subject: Re: Starting a new thread - re: Note 3 for definition of "document"

Pierce,

A stand-alone macro / code fragment isn't a document, no matter where it appears.  E.g. a bit of Javascript conditional logic in a PDF document (like calculating the appropriate weapon to-hit bonus in my son's D&D character sheet) is just that - a code fragment.  The document that contains these macros needs to be accessible - just like a web page that contains Javascript needs to be accessible.  The macro may have zero impact on accessibility, or may enhance accessibility, or may break accessibility.  All depends upon the context and the macro itself.

Document templates are still documents; they just don't have a lot of content in them yet.

Regards,

Peter