Re: examples of sets of documents

Gregg,

Looking at proposal #10, I think we are almost there.  I would like to
see us use language parallel to what is in SC 2.4.2 for software, namely
the sentence fragment from the sentence (emphasis added): "However,
since there is almost always a single user interface component
associated with top-most explicit groupings of user interface components
(things like "windows", "dialog boxes", "frames", and "screens"), and
since 4.1.2 requires that every user interface component has a
programmatically determined name, /*conforming to 4.1.2 would thereby
mean that this success criterion was met if the name for the user
interface component associated with top-most explicit groupings of user
interface components described its topic or purpose*/."

Applying this to your proposal #10, the final note #6 would then become
(/*additions emphasized*/):

    Authors can assume that an infrastructure exists that allows users
    to locate documents in the set; for example, by selecting links
    within a member document, browsing through the files that make up
    the set, or by searching the documents' contents or the names of the
    member documents, since document names and the ability for machine
    access to the text are required by other success criteria.
    *Therefore conforming to SC 2.4.2 would thereby mean that this
    success criterion was met.*

Regards,

Peter

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>