Re: Proposal for the last three items

Gregg,

I'm sorry, but this proposal doesn't (yet) work for me.

The proposal does not:

  * clearly define what constitutes "linking" between software to create
    a set
  * define for 3.2.3 what a navigation mechanism is for software
  * incorporate any of the necessary thinking for 2.4.5 (which we have
    been developing) for what "locating a [software]" means
  * incorporate any of the necessary thinking for 2.4.1 (which we have
    been developing) for what "bypassing a block" of content means in
    software -> e.g. focus vs...

Furthermore, in the meeting I believe several of us asked for a positive
example of a set in software.  As far as I'm concerned, this can be a
constructed example - it doesn't have to be one in real life.  But I am
not comfortable saying that these are "...never ordinarily be included
in a set of software requirements..." without making clear the situation
in which it/they would be included.  If the are never included - period
- then we should state that.  If there is some rare situation in which
one/all should be included, we should clearly describe that situation.

Finally, I am not prepared to say "ALso we did not find that WCAG
applied this within a web page or single unit web app (at a single URI)
so we didn’t feel we could apply it within software".  I am not
convinced it is fundamentally wrong to look at some of these where the
"set" is "software", and that is a discussion I maintain we should have
with WCAG.  Last Friday I put together a page with a first draft trying
to gather together the issues we saw with these three remaining SCs and
three approaches we were mulling over - but hasn't yet reached consensus
on any - as the basis for such a discussion (see
https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/cross-cutting-issues-and-notes/remaining-3-scs).
I had expected to work on this with you, but instead you are focusing on
a specific proposal (essentially one of the three approaches), and I'm
not seeing any specific critiques otherwise of that text.

Regards,

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>