From: Andi Snow-Weaver [mailto:andisnow@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 10 July 2012 03:40
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: WCAG WG decision on SC that we sent for their approval

Last Thursday the WCAG working group reviewed our proposals for SC that we have reached consensus on. This note is a summary for our meeting tomorrow.

Accepted as proposed:
* 1.1.1 Non-text Content
* 1.2.1 Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded)
* 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded)
* 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded)
* 1.3.3 Sensory Characteristics
* 1.4.1 Use of Color
* 1.4.5 Images of Text
* 2.1.2 No Keyboard Trap
* 2.3.1 Three Flashes or Below Threshold
* 2.4.4 Link Purpose (in context)
* 2.4.7 Focus Visible

Accepted if we agree to very minor modifications:
* 2.1.1 Keyboard<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/2-operable/21-make-all-functionality-available-from-a-keyboard/211-keyboard> - minor modification to the note
* 2.2.2 Pause, Stop, Hide<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/2-operable/22-provide-users-enough-time-to-read-and-use-content/222-pause-stop-hide> - minor modification to the note

Accepted on condition that we remove the statement about non-web electronic documents without interactivity beyond hyperlinks automatically complying:
* 2.2.1 Timing Adjustable<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/2-operable/22-provide-users-enough-time-to-read-and-use-content/221-timing-adjustable>
* 3.2.1 On Focus<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/3-understandable/32-make-web-pages-appear-and-operate-in-predictable-ways/321-on-focus>
* 3.2.2 On Input<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/3-understandable/32-make-web-pages-appear-and-operate-in-predictable-ways/322-on-input>
* 3.3.4 Error Prevention (Legal, Financial, Data)<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/3-understandable/33-help-users-avoid-and-correct-mistakes/334-error-prevention-legal-financial-data>
* 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/4-robust/41-maximize-compatibility-with-current-and-future-user-agents-including-assistive-technologies/412-name-role-value>

Accepted on condition that we remove the statement about players
* 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded)<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/1-perceivable/12-provide-alternatives-for-time-based-media/122-captions-prerecorded>
* 1.2.4 Captions (Live)<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/1-perceivable/12-provide-alternatives-for-time-based-media/124-captions-live>

Accepted on condition that we remove the note about platform capability being relied upon:
* 1.4.4 Resize text<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/1-perceivable/14-make-it-easier-for-users-to-see-and-hear-content---including-separating-foreground-from-background/144-resize-text>

Accepted on condition that we remove the last two paragraphs. Suggest we submit a proposal for modification to WCAG 2.0 intent
* 3.3.1 Error Identification<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/3-understandable/33-help-users-avoid-and-correct-mistakes/331-error-identification>

Did not accept:
* 2.4.6 Headings and Labels - request TF submit a new proposal taking into account the comments on the survey<https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20120705wcag2ict/results#x222>.
* 4.1.1 Parsing - Peter has a WCAG action item to work with Loretta, Bruce, Michael, and James to draft a new proposal

For reference, you can review the WCAG meeting minutes at: http://www.w3.org/2012/07/05-wai-wcag-minutes.html#item03

Andi