Re: 12/6 WCAG2ICT meeting

Hi gang,

I think we should meet tomorrow - if nothing else, to discuss the
feedback we (are going to) get from WCAG WG in their meeting earlier
today.  But we have also been filling out our own survey, which is also
worth discussing.

The WCAG WG feedback on our draft was the following:

    The Working Group has four comments for the WCAG2ICT TF:

     1. consider removing SC 1.4.4 from the list of those excepted in
        Closed Functionality - perhaps it is appropriate for this to not
        be a requirement in closed, but that isn't for WCAG to say; and
        further the text in Appendix A that characterizes the intent for
        1.4.4 is incorrect (user agents are one way of achieving this,
        but the SC states that it must be achieved);
     2. consider defining "set of documents" explicitly in the "key
        terms" section;
     3. advice for SC 3.2.4 isn't consistent with the other "set of
        software" advice, and currently has the old text "an electronic
        document or a software user interface" which clearly should be
        replaced;
     4. since we only refer to potential gaps, "this document is not
        sufficient by itself to ensure accessibility ..." should really
        be " this document MAY not be sufficient by itself to ensure
        accessibility..." (unless there are specific known gaps, in
        which case it would be helpful to list some examples)

    RESOLUTION: The above four comments shall be submitted to the TF for
    their consideration

Regards,

Peter

--