RE: Suggestion for issues color and variations in presentation of text related issues.

 I think that this provides the same accessibility requirement for all
people.  We are requiring that the information is available not just the
color.   And the definition of programmatically determined requires that
it is " user-agent-supported manner such that the user agents can extract
and present this information to users in different modalities".    The
current sufficient techniques would still require the information is
provided in text because there are no common user agents that currently
can identify required fields in different modalities.

It might be a bit harder to understand but, in my opinion, it doesn't
change the current requirements but allows for future improvements.

Becky Gibson
Web Accessibility Architect

IBM Emerging Internet Technologies
5 Technology Park Drive
Westford, MA 01886
Voice: 978 399-6101; t/l 333-6101
Email: gibsonb@us.ibm.com

"Sofia Celic" <Sofia.Celic@visionaustralia.org>
Sent by: public-wcag-teamc-request@w3.org
09/24/2006 04:30 PM

<public-wcag-teamc@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Suggestion for issues color and variations in presentation of text
related  issues.

I agree with what Gregg has pointed out. This would remove an important
accessibility requirement for people who can't distinguish colour very
well (or at all).

Sofia