RE: SC 2.2.1 - User warning for timeout script example

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for your comment.   Can you provide a bit more information - I'm not
sure I understand.

The warning would appear only when the connection was about to time out and
the person had not finished.     This would seem to be useful to all users.
Since the notice is triggered from the users script -  the notice would not
occur unless the person was still on the page (e.g. there would be no notice
popping up if the page had been abandoned.)   So the only time anyone would
see the notice would be if they were still sitting on a partially filled out
page and the server was about to time out the connection.    This would
happen more often to people with disabilities but it would seem that if it
did happen to a person without a disability that it would be welcome news
(since it would allow them to ask for a bit more time).

Can you elaborate on the usability problem you (or the other person)
identified?

thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.