RE: revised proposed definition of "input error" - action item

Hi - I think we need a definition that can go in the glossary of the guidelines themselves, plus additional explanatory material for the guide doc. Accordingly, for the guidelines I might propose something along the lines of:

input error: data that does not meet expected format or content parameters required by the Web site.

In the guide doc, we could expand on this, point out that it's just a violation of expectations but not necessarily an "error" from the user's perspective, and also point out that there can be bad data that is not detected by the Web site, but that falls out of scope of the guideline, since it only addresses errors the site will report.

Michael